Protein Transduction Domain (PTD) Technology
Madenco’s core patented transdermal delivery technologies consists of Protein Transduction Domain (PTD) technology and Polymeric Nanoparticles (PLGA) for cosmetic, dermatology and pharmaceutical applications.
Madenco is focused on becoming a global leader in the development of transdermal skin penetrative active materials for cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
- Protein Transduction Domain (PTD)
- PTD technology enables the effective transfer of macromolecules such as proteins, DNA and peptides into the dermis through cell-penetrating peptides (CPPs)
- PTD technology is far superior to liposomes for transport of native proteins to enhance permeability
Encapsulated protein by conventional liposome
Encapsulated protein by PTD across linked liposome
Linked fusion protein
- This patented PTD technology has broad applications in Dermatology, Rx Pharma and Consumer Health products
Polymeric Nanoparticles (PLGA)
It is important to note that large molecules such as proteins and peptides are typically not good candidates for topical and transdermal delivery unless their transport can be facilitated by technologies such as Madenco’s PTD or PLGA Nanoparticles. Our Polymeric nanoparticle technology is patented and is capable for the development of formulations of a wide range of drug molecules for both topical and parenteral administration. This technology is particularly suitable for non-soluble compounds and similar to the PTD technology, far superior to liposomes.
Bellus Skin Cosmetics
After being awarded the Nobel Prize in 1986, Epidermal Growth Factor or EGF has been sought after as an ingredient in luxury cosmetic brands for its role in wound healing and cell growth. Another growth factor that is seldom used in cosmetics but is just as essential is Fibroblast Growth Factor or FGF1, which also has potent wound healing and tissue regenerating properties. However, because of their large molecular structure, EGF and FGF1 are known to have poor permeability into the skin.
Bellus Skin incorporates these growth factors (EGF and FGF1) by transforming them into cell-penetrating peptides using PTD technology.
Bellus Skin Rejuvenation Serum contains BOTH SP1-EGF and SP1-FGF1 Skin Permeable Essential Growth Factors as a skin permeable fusion protein.
Utilizing Protein Transduction Domain (PTD) patented technology, branded as SP-TechnologyTM, Bellus Skin Serum is clinically proven to significantly reduce the signs of aging in 8 weeks.
3 x 10 ml / 1x 10 ml Bellus Skin Rejuvenation Serum
Four clinical studies1,2,3,4 have proven the active ingredients in Bellus to significantly:
- Increase dermal density, tightness and smoothness1,4
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles1,3
- Reduce the appearance of pores2
- Increase elasticity1
- Increase moisture1
1. Korea Institute for Skin and Clinical Sciences. (2014).“Human application test of ‘Bellus Skin GF Recovery Serum’ for the improvement of wrinkles, dermal density, skin drooping, elasticity, and moisturization”.
2. Derma Pro Skin Research Centre, (2015). “A clinical study of skin pore shrinkage (size, number and volume) for bellus skin on human skin.”
3. Internal Study, Wrinkle analysis, (2014).
4. An, J.J., Eum, W.K. (2013). “Protective effects of skin permeable epidermal and fibroblast growth factor against ultraviolet-induced skin damage and human skin wrinkles”. Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, 12, 287-295.
Dermatology Exclusive Line- SP-DERM
Our Dermatology and Medi-Spa exclusive line
- SP-DERM Recovery for patients who are recovering from dermatology procedures
- SP-DERM Maintenance for people who wish to maintain the effects of the Bellus serum or those in a younger age bracket that haven’t experienced the effects of photo aging
- SP-DERM Acne for people with atrophic acne scars that don’t wish to go through laser treatment